Makita has a legacy of innovation in the cordless impact driver category, and the new XDT16 raises the bar once again with power and performance in a compact size, and a range of precision fastening features.
OCTOBER 29, 2018 – Phoenix, AZ – Makita is debuting over 40 new tool and accessory releases here at the annual Specialty Tools & Fasteners Distributors Association (STAFDA) trade show in Phoenix, AZ. New Makita releases include a backpack vacuum with Bluetooth™ technology, a powerful and full-featured impact driver in an extremely compact size, 18V X2 LXT (36V) solutions, and many more.
Over 40 new releases were on display at the booth, including those featured below. For an overview of all 40+ new and upcoming releases, visit makitatools.com/whatsnext
WIRELESS: AWS™ is Auto-Start Wireless System, which uses Bluetooth™ technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor/vacuum. AWS-capable solutions includes saws, grinders and rotary hammers, and the line is expanding with more new releases that accept the AWS Transmitter (no. 198901-5) to enable wireless power-on/power-off with an AWS-equipped tool or dust extractor (transmitter and dust extractor sold separately). New releases include the following:
- 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Brushless 1/2 Gallon HEPA Filter Backpack Dry Dust Extractor, AWS™ Capable (XCV10ZX): A new clean-up solution that eliminates extension cords that trail corded backpack vacuums. It’s also a portable dust extraction solution for contractors. Points of difference over the current backpack vacuum include AWS-capability, more suction power (64 CFM) and more water lift (44”). Available Fall 2018.
- 18V X2 LXT (36V) 7-1/4” Circular Saw, AWS Capable (XSH07): Powered by two 18V batteries for up to 610 crosscuts per charge in 2x4 SPF lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries. This new model offers AWS-capability. Available Now.
- 18V LXT Sub-Compact 6-1/2” Circular Saw, AWS Capable (XSH05): Compact and ergonomic, the blade-right design is only 10-5/8” long. This new model offers AWS-capability. Available Fall 2018.
LXT® CORDLESS FASTENING: LXT® is the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion batteries, and offers over 200 solutions and one battery platform. The LXT® System is expanding with new cordless fastening solutions announced at STAFDA:
- 18V LXT® Brushless Quick-Shift Mode 4-Speed Impact Driver (XDT16): Powerful, compact and loaded with features, the XDT16 offers 4 speed settings, 1,600 in.lbs. of Max Torque, and a range of fastening modes for category-leading performance. Available Winter/early 2019.
- 18V LXT® Sub-Compact 1/2” Impact Wrench (XWT13): This new addition to the Sub-Compact line combines 12V handling with 18V performance and compatibility. Equipped with Reverse Rotation Auto-Stop Mode, which stops rotation and impact when fastener is loosened adequately. Available Fall 2018.
CONCRETE: Makita is an innovation leader in concrete solutions, and at STAFDA Makita featured two new cordless tools for concrete drilling and formwork.
- 18V LXT® Brushless Rebar Tying Tool (XRT01): Two-mode operation provides single or continuous wire tie actuation for efficient tying. Users will get up to 5,300 ties of #3 x #3 diameter rebar using an 18V 5.0Ah battery. Available Now.
- 18V LXT® Brushless 11/16" AVT® Rotary Hammer, accepts SDS-PLUS w/ HEPA Extractor, AWS™ capable (XRH12ZW): A full-featured cordless concrete solution that includes an on-board HEPA Dust Extractor, efficient brushless motor, Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT), and AWS-capability for use with a separate dust extractor. Available Winter/early 2019.
METALWORKING: Makita has more metalworking solutions, with new releases that include a cut-off saw powered by two batteries, two new metal cutting saws, and an efficient solution for cutting threaded rod.
- 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Brushless 14" Cut-Off Saw (XWL01): Powered by two 18V batteries for maximum cordless performance. Large spark guard captures and deflects debris away from the surrounding area. Available Fall 2018.
- 18V LXT® Brushless Threaded Rod Cutter (XCS03): An efficient solution for spark-free cutting engineered to make clean, burr-free cuts. Ideal for overhead cutting of installed threaded rod. Available Winter/early 2019.
- 18V LXT® Metal Cutting Saws, with Electric Brake and Chip Collector (XSC03, XSC04): Two new saws for cutting a range of metal material, with a transparent chip collector to capture debris while cutting. Available in 5-3/8” (2” capacity, model XCS03) and 5-7/8” (2-1/4" capacity, model XSC04). Available Now.
DUST EXTRACTION: Makita is a leader in corded and cordless dust extraction, and offers the industry’s best online app for users to easily find a solution that works for them at makitatools.com/dust-management. At STAFDA, Makita is featuring new releases including a new cordless wet/dry dust extractor.
- 18V LXT Brushless Cordless 2 Gallon HEPA Filter Portable Wet/Dry Dust Extractor/Vacuum, Tool Only (XCV11): Compact and portable for maximum versatility in dust management applications, with up to 60 minutes of continuous run time using an 18V 5.0Ah battery. Available Winter/early 2019.
12V max CXT CORDLESS: 12V max delivers performance in a compact size – and now there are over 30 solutions in the system. New releases announced at STAFDA include the following:
- 12V max CXT™ Cordless Vacuum (LC08ZW): A convenient cleaning solution with more capacity in a compact size. Available Fall 2018.
- 12V max CXT™ Cordless Cleaner (LC09Z): A versatile cleaning solution for vacuuming in tight spaces. Includes a blower setting for added capability. Available Spring 2019.
- 12V CXT Cordless Inflator Kit (MP100DZ): A portable solution for inflating tires or sports balls quickly. Features an auto-stop function when the desired pressure is reached. Available Winter/early 2019.
PNEUMATICS: Makita is expanding its line of pneumatic nailers with two new solutions for framing and finish work.
- 3-1/2" Framing Nailer, 21° Full Round Head (AN924): Drives up to 3-1/2" x .162" (16d) nails, with a convenient top-load design and less weight than the previous model. Available Spring 2019.
- 18 Gauge, 2" Brad Nailer (AF506): Combines performance and portability: The powerful motor drives a range of 18 gauge brad nails from 5/8" to 2" into hard or soft wood applications, with a narrow nose design for access in confined areas. Available Winter/early 2019.
ACCESSORIES: Makita industrial accessories are expanding with Max Efficiency, a new line of accessories engineered for use with cordless tools. With Max Efficiency users get more holes and more cuts per charge over standard accessories.
- 7‑1/4" 24T Carbide‑Tipped Max Efficiency Circular Saw Blade, Framing, (B-61656): With the ultra-thin kerf design and specially-engineered blade teeth, the Max Efficeincy blade delivers up to 70% more cuts per charge and up to 70% faster cutting compared to standard blades. Available Now.
- 6-1/2" 25T Carbide-Tipped Max Efficiency Circular Saw Blade, Framing (B-62963): This is the same performance story as the 7-1/4" Max Efficiency Framing Blade, but in a 6-1/2” blade for use with the XSH03, XSH04 and XSH05 circular saws. The ultra-thin 0.055" kerf reduces the load put on the tool and results in up to 25% more cuts per charge when compared to standard blades. Available Now.
For more information on upcoming releases, please visit makitatools.com/whatsnext
About Makita U.S.A.
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial power tools, pneumatics and power equipment, and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita U.S.A., Inc. is located in La Mirada, California, and operates an extensive distribution network throughout the U.S. Call 800/4-MAKITA or visit makitatools.com. Find Makita on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube @makitatools