OCTOBER 18, 2017 – Louisville, KY – Makita returns this week to the GIE+EXPO in Louisville, KY, with more solutions for today’s landscaper and hardscape contractor. Makita’s range of solutions includes cordless power equipment that delivers commercial-duty performance without the hassles of gas, as well as efficient 4-stroke blowers and trimmers that require no fuel mixing, and easy-starting 2-stroke chain saws for professional and farm use. All solutions are engineered for maximum efficiency and productivity.
The Green Industry and Equipment (GIE) EXPO, the industry’s largest annual trade show, takes place this week in Louisville, KY. Makita is exhibiting both indoors and outdoors at the GIE+EXPO, and here are highlights of what GIE attendees will see in Louisville:
LXT® Cordless: “Gas Performance without the Hassles”
Makita has the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries – and the system includes a growing range of 18V X2 LXT® (36V) tools powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries. Combined with purpose-built brushless motors, Makita 18V X2 cordless power equipment – including blowers, hedge trimmers, string trimmers, lawn mowers, and chain saws – gives users commercial-duty performance without the noise, emissions, maintenance, and expense of gas-powered equipment.
This week, attendees this week at GIE will see three new 18V X2 (36V) solutions:
- 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless Multi-Function Power Head (XUX01Z): Makita combines the performance and efficiency of 18V X2 and an efficient brushless motor with a quick-release couple-shaft attachment that can be used with multiple attachments for trimming, edging, cultivating, and brush cutting. All attachments are also compatible with the new 25.4 cc MM4® 4-Stroke Couple Shaft Trimmer. (XUX01Z available in Spring 2018).
- 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless 16” Chain Saw (XCU04Z): Last year at GIE, Makita expanded its leadership in brushless motor engineering with the 18V X2 LXT (36V) 14” Chain Saw (XCU03Z), which featured a new Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct-drive system that provides high power efficiency equivalent to gas chain saw. The new XCU04Z gives users more capacity with a 16” bar and chain. (XCU04Z available now).
- 18V X2 LXT® Brushless Cordless Power-Assisted Wheelbarrow (XUC01): The XUC01 is a convenient solution for material transport on job sites. Users can drop in one or two Makita 18V batteries, and get up to two hours of run time under load using two 6.0Ah batteries. It transports up to 275 lbs. of material with 2 speed settings and a maximum speed of 2.5 MPH on a 12-degree incline. (XCU01Z available now)
Makita also offers several cordless power equipment solutions that run on single 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries. The Makita 18V battery platform includes 2.0Ah, 3.0Ah 4.0Ah, 5.0Ah and 6.0Ah batteries, and all have the fastest charge-times in their categories for increased efficiency. LXT® users benefit with one battery platform and over 175 cordless solutions.
MM4® 4-Stroke: No Fuel Mixing and Faster Starts
Engine seizure due to improper fuel and oil mixing is one of the most common failures of 2-stroke power equipment. Makita is delivering a better solution with MM4® 4-stroke engine power equipment, which includes backpack and handheld blowers, concrete power cutters, string trimmers, brush trimmers, hedge trimmers, edgers, telescoping pole pruners and couple shafted (spilt boom) products. They’re all powered by the Makita MM4® 4-stroke multi-position engine, which enables the engine to be inclined at any angle for continuous operation. In addition, the automatic engine decompression reduces pull start force by 40% for faster, easier starts, and MM4® users benefit further with lower noise, reduced emissions, and the added durability of a commercial-grade 3-ring piston
This week at GIE, Makita is featuring four new additions to the MM4® 4-Stroke Engine line-up:
- 75.6 cc MM4® 4-Stroke Engine Backpack Blower (EB7660TH): The EB7660TH combines a cleaner-burning 4-stroke engine with quieter operation, easier start-ups, and the convenience of no fuel mixing. The 75.6 cc commercial-duty 4-stroke engine delivers a maximum air speed of 206 mph and a maximum air volume of 706 cubic feet per minute with lower noise at 76dB(A). Also available with hip throttle, model EB7660WH. (EB7660TH and EB7660WH available now)
- 50cc MM4 4-Stroke Engine Backpack Blower (EB5300TH): The EB5300TH combines a cleaner-burning 4-stroke engine with quieter operation, easier start-ups, and the convenience of no fuel mixing. The 50cc commercial-duty 4-stroke engine delivers a maximum air speed of 184 MPH and a maximum air volume of 516 cubic feet per minute. Also available with hip throttle, model EB5300WH. (EB5300TH and EB5300WH available in Spring 2018)
- 25.4 cc MM4® 4-Stroke Couple Shaft Trimmer (EX2650LH): The new EX2650LH gives users the 4-stroke advantage, as well as the versatility of a quick release couple shaft attachment that that can be used with multiple attachments for trimming, edging, cultivating, and brush cutting. All attachments are also compatible with the new 18V X2 (36V) LXT Power Head, model XUX01 (EX2650LH available in Spring 2018).
2-Stroke Professional Chain Saws: “Starts Easy, Works Hard”
The integration of Makita and Dolmar power equipment is expanding the range of Makita-branded power equipment, including a major expansion of professional chain saws featuring a “warm red” trade dress that is strongly preferred on landscaping and forestry job sites. Under the Makita brand, the integration of Makita and Dolmar gives users a full range of professional chain saws for forestry, farm, and occasional use, as well for the construction professional. This week at GIE, Makita is featuring a new addition to its expanding chain saw line-up:
- 56cc Chain Saw (model EA5600FRGG): The 20” 56cc Chain Saw combines a high power-to-weight ratio with easier starts and lower vibration. The 56cc engine delivers 4.0HP and an engine speed of 13,800 RPM, with an Easy Start spring-assisted starter. For increased durability, the heavy-duty cartridge filter system increases durability while reducing frequency of maintenance. (EA5600FRGG available now).
About Makita U.S.A.
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial power tools, pneumatics and power equipment, and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita U.S.A., Inc. is located in La Mirada, California, and operates an extensive distribution network throughout the U.S. Call 800/4-MAKITA or visit makitatools.com. Find Makita on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube @makitatools