MAKITA LIGHTS UP ANNUAL STAFDA TRADE SHOW WITH MORE INNOVATION
Makita showcases innovation with new dust extraction solutions, brushless motor technology, additions to 18V line-up, and more
NOVEMBER 23, 2011 – La Mirada, CA Makita joined over 4,000 industry professionals at the annual convention of the Specialty Tools & Fasteners Distributors Association (STAFDA) in San Antonio last week. Makita took the opportunity to demonstrate new solutions for the professional trade including brushless motors, new dust extraction solutions, new additions to the growing line-up of 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless tools, and more.
Makita joined over 4,000 industry professionals at the STAFDA Trade Show in San Antonio, TX.
"Makita delivers technologically advanced power tools that are more compact with less weight yet deliver industrial power and results," said Wayne Hart, Communications Manager, Makita USA. "We continue to bring innovation to pro contractors, and the STAFDA trade show is a great opportunity to tell our dealer partners all about it."
Makita’s presence on the show floor was punctuated by the shear amount of new product innovation, with a mix of hands-on demonstrations and technology displays backed by bold teal graphics. Highlights include the following:
- First with Brushless Motor Technology– Makita highlighted its leadership position in brushless motor technology with an engaging presentation that included cutaway tools, a ten-foot graphic, and a compelling side-by-side test against a non-brushless model. The upright 2x12’s filled with rows of 1-1/4" coarse thread screws said it all: the new 18V Lithium-Ion brushless motor impact driver (LXDT01) drove 2,156 screws on a single charge, while the market-leading non-brushless Makita BTD141 drove 1,148. "Makita created this category," said Hart. "In 2003, we developed brushless motor technology first in assembly tools for the aerospace and defense industries. Then in 2009 Makita delivered brushless first to the construction industry with our 18V Lithium-Ion 3-speed Impact Driver. Now we’re watching other companies follow our lead as they see the clear benefits of this technology, which include increased power and speed, longer tool life, and over 50% more run time per charge." Makita announced that more brushless tools will be added to its 18V Lithium-Ion line-up in 2012, including new solutions for cutting, drilling, and grinding.
- 18V Lithium-Ion: 50+ Tools and One Battery in 2012– In 2005 Makita created the first 18V Lithium-Ion line-up. Today Makita offers 40+ cordless tools and ONE 18V Lithium-Ion battery. Makita 18V delivers more power and less weight in a more compact size with the fastest charge in the industry (only 30 minutes). At STAFDA, Makita featured recent additions to the 18V Lithium-Ion line-up including a cordless 3-1/4" Planer (LXPK01), Drywall Screwdriver (LXSF01), 7-1/2" Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw (LXSL01), ½" Driver-Drill (LXFD01), and 1/4" Die Grinder (LXDG01). Makita also announced that in 2012 there will be 50+ tools powered by ONE 18V Lithium-Ion battery. Makita offered an exclusive preview of the new 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Motor Rotary Hammer with a HEPA Vacuum for increased dust extraction.
- More Dust Extraction Solutions – There is a growing effort to reduce dust/particulates on jobsites, and Makita has responded with new dust extraction solutions. At STAFDA, Makita previewed brand new solutions including a new 12 gallon "Xtract™ Vac" vacuum featuring power tool actuation on/off and automatic filter cleaning which runs a few times each minute. Also previewed were new dust attachments for demolition and SDS-Max rotary hammers. Makita highlighted the new dust extraction solutions with hands-on grinding and cutting demonstrations on a tabletop concrete slab. "Pro users are demanding more dust extraction solutions to reduce the amount of concrete dust created during tool usage," said Adam Livingston, Makita Product Manager, Commercial Products. "Makita is leading this innovation again with our new Xtract Vac 12 gallon vacuum with our advanced Auto-Filter Cleaning System, as well as new large drilling attachments for rotary and demolition hammers, new cutting guards, and dust shrouds, with more to come. These new solutions are engineered to help reduce the dust created from cutting, grinding, drilling and demolition without compromising tool performance."
- Best-in-Class Industrial Air Compressors – Makita air compressors are engineered for industrial performance, and are distinguished by three key points of difference: Makita induction motors are engineered for longer life and provide extended durability over universal motors; Makita pumps are built with cast iron cylinders and large pistons for greater durability and faster recovery time; and Makita 4-pole motors are more efficient and run at lower RPM for less noise and longer motor/pump life. Makita’s conventional air pressure line-up was featured (MAC700, MAC2400, MAC5200), as well as the high pressure compressor (AC310H).
- Best-in-Class Industrial Grinders – Makita’s expanding line-up of industrial grinders now numbers 30, with ten high-powered models over 10.5 AMPS for the most demanding applications. In addition, eight Makita grinders are engineered with Super Joint System (SJS), a mechanical feature that helps protect the gears by disengaging the gears from the motor if the wheel catches or binds. And since SJS is mechanical – not electronic – there’s no restart needed if the wheel catches or binds for greater productivity. Makita offered STAFDA attendees a chance to try out Makita 4-1/2" and 7" grinders to feel the difference for themselves.
- Less Vibration with AVT – Makita highlighted its growing line-up of rotary and demolition hammers equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT), with models on display in a 1,200 lb. slab of 4,000 PSI concrete. STAFDA attendees learned that AVT is not just a padded handle or spring system, but an internal counterbalance system that is engineered inside the tool for more effective vibration reduction.
In addition to engaging STAFDA dealers on the trade show floor, Makita put on a dealer hospitality event. Monday night’s party was often standing-room only and featured live RC Car racing with sponsorship-partner Team Associated
in a bracket-style competition format, as well as dueling piano lounge singers, exclusive Rockstar Energy cocktails, and an array of food and dessert. The recently crowned 2012 Miss Makita and Senorita Makita were on-hand for photographs and to hand-out raffle prizes that included everything from Apple iPads and exclusive Rockstar Energy electric guitars to Makita Team Associated limited edition RC Cars. The evening ended with the drawing of the grand prize: a Ryan Dungey Edition Race Ready Replica Suzuki RM-Z450. Eric Grabowski of Edge Construction Supply in Spokane, WA, was the lucky winner.
About Makita USA
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial quality power tools and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita utilizes leading-edge technology and innovation to engineer tools that are more compact with less weight yet deliver industrial strength power and results. Makita’s extensive line of cordless lithium-ion tools includes 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion, 18V Compact Lithium-Ion®, and 12V max Lithium-Ion Other best-in-class products include rotary and demolition hammers and saws equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology™ (AVT™), 4-Cycle outdoor power equipment, Super Joint System (SJS) grinders, miter saws engineered with Deep and Exact Cutting Technology (DXT), and more. Makita U.S.A., Inc. is located in La Mirada, California, and operates an extensive distribution network located throughout the U.S. For more information, please call 800/4-MAKITA (800/462-5482) or visit the website at makitatools.com. You can follow Makita at facebook.com/makitatoolspage, twitter.com/makitatools, and youtube.com/makitapowertools. The Makita Teal color is the trade dress of Makita Corporation and is protected under common law and registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Makita is Best in Class Engineering.