La Mirada, CA – Makita, a worldwide manufacturer of technologically advanced power tools that are more compact with less weight yet deliver industrial strength power and results, has added to its expanding line-up of 30+ industrial grinders with the release of the new 4-1/2" SJS™ Angle Grinder, model 9564P.
Makita 4-1/2" Paddle Switch SJS™ Angle Grinder (model 9564P).
The new 9564P combines a Makita-built 10 AMP motor with best-in-class durability features to deliver more output power and increased performance. The 9564P is ideal for welders, fabricators, ship yard contractors, masons, electricians, automotive technicians, stone and tile contractors, HVAC, and more.
"Users are demanding more power and more features from their 4-1/2" grinders," said Adam Livingston, Makita Product Manager, Commercial. "Makita is leading this innovation again with the introduction of the new 9564P. This new grinder also has Makita’s exclusive SJS™ Technology. SJS™ is a mechanical clutch system that helps protect the gears and motor from damage by allowing the drive shaft to slip if binding occurs or the wheel is forced to stop. The result is better performance and longer tool life"
SJS™: No Re-Start Required
The new 9564P is the latest Makita grinder with SJS™, a Makita innovation engineered to prevent motor burn-out without requiring the contractor to re-start the tool:
- With SJS™, the drive shaft from the armature to the drive gear is spring-loaded during normal grinding load.
- If binding occurs or the wheel is forced to stop, the spring is compressed, which allows the drive shaft to slip.
- The result: gear tension is minimized for longer gear life as the armature continues to rotate, which helps prevent motor burn-out.
The motor-protection function of SJS™ is mechanical, not electronic. This is a key point-of-difference, as the mechanical function does not require the contractor to stop and re-start the tool in the event that the wheel is forced to stop. With an electronic clutch, the tool requires a re-start.
Dust and Debris Defense
Another point of difference that distinguishes the 9564P among other grinders in its class is the range dust and debris defense features:
- Labyrinth Construction: Labyrinth construction is a series of channels engineered to capture dust and debris. This prevents contaminants from penetrating the gear box and main bearing.
- Zig-Zag Varnish: Makita’s unique "zig zag" application pattern is a more innovative option than simply covering the coils with epoxy: the zig-zag pattern allows space for heat to escape, yet at the same time the zig-zag pattern forms a solid barrier under rotation to prevent debris from attaching.
- Dust Sealed Drive Bearing: A spring-loaded metal seal is engineered to stop dust and debris from entering the drive bearing.
Efficient Power Transfer, Lower Temperature
Additional performance features include a larger cooling fan and blades, which pull more air through the motor to help maintain lower operating temperatures, as well as spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of power. The 9564P weighs only 5.1 lbs. for increased user comfort.
Ideal for a Range of Applications
With power and performance combined with innovative motor and gear protection features, the new 9564P is ideal for the most demanding applications.
4-1/2" Paddle Switch SJS™ Angle Grinder
Wire Cup Brush
No Load Speed
5/8" x 11 UNC
Approximate Retail Price
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial quality power tools and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita utilizes leading-edge technology and innovation to engineer tools that are more compact with less weight yet deliver industrial strength power and results. Makita’s extensive line of cordless lithium-ion tools includes 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion, 18V Compact Lithium-Ion, and 12V max Lithium-Ion. Other best-in-class products include rotary and demolition hammers and saws equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®), MM4™ 4-Cycle outdoor power equipment, Super Joint System (SJS™) grinders, miter saws engineered with Deep and Exact Cutting Technology (DXT™), and more. Makita U.S.A., Inc. is located in La Mirada, California, and operates an extensive distribution network located throughout the U.S. For more information, please call 800/4-MAKITA (800/462-5482) or visit the website at makitatools.com. You can follow Makita at facebook.com/makitatoolspage, twitter.com/makitatools, and youtube.com/makitapowertools. Makita is Best-in-Class Engineering.